Actually, we've been back from Texas for about a week, but I have been too busy trying to enjoy my last week of summer with Nathan to post. Here is a little about our visit to Los Fresnos, TX (near South Padre Island).
I didn't take very many pictures while we were down there because we were having so much fun! We got to Harlingen at about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday the 1st. It was SO NICE finally arriving there after being on the plane for 5 1/2 hours. We had 3 stops on our flight down (Tulsa, Dallas, and Houston). At least we were on the same plane, and Nathan really did pretty well until he pooped out when we arrived in Houston. After about 2o minutes of fussing, he finally fell asleep. Joe's parents had EVERYTHING set up so nice for us when we arrived. His bed was ready and she even set up a "changing station" for him. I actually got to go to bed not too long after arriving at their house.

The flight crew was so nice to us! They told us to take Nathan ino the cockpit for pictures and they even gave Joe 2 free beers! (I think they felt bad for us because we had been on the plane for so long, haha!)
Sunday evening Joe's parents had the entire family over for dinner so they could all meet Nathan. (Joe's dad's side of the family) Joe's dad's 60th birthday was August 7th, so I ordered a birthday cake and we celebrated his birthday while everyone was together. I truly LOVE Joe's family. They are so much fun to be around. They are always smiling and laughing and they really have taken me in like one of the family. One of my favorite things they do is after they pray for the meal they count off to see how many people they have at the get-together.Monday was great! Joe, me, Nathan, and Joe's mom all hung out at the house all day! I love hanging out around their house. We played ALL day long. Nathan learned to play catch the week before, so we spent several hours playing catch. Eventually, Nathan would clap everytime he rolled the ball to us. It was so cute! His parents have a rose garden, so I took Nathan out to lay in the hammock. We went out to another Mexican restaurant for dinner!
Tuesday, we took Nathan to South Padre Island for his first trip to the beach! He LOVED the ocean. When I finally walked him back to the car, he looked back and squealed when he heard the waves crashing against the shore! I can't wait to take him back at Christmas!
Joe's parents live about 20 minutes from South Padre Island.



Tuesday afternoon we just hung out around the house and then we went to the Longhorn Steakhouse (different from the one in St. Louis). It is so good! Nathan learned that he liked limes the night before, so when the waitress brought a plate full of limes, he decided he needed to grab for them. He also likes to drink out of our glasses (water only of course and in very small amounts, but it is so cute!)







0 comments:
Post a Comment