Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February...most of it anyway!

This winter as we are saying goodbye in the morning, sometimes Nathan would ask to go to work with me.  Finally, on February 1st he got his chance!  The boys' basketball team at school had teacher appreciation night and one of my awesome students invited me to go.  I picked the boys up from the babysitter and headed back out to Lafayette.  On the way we stopped at an ice cream shop to have ice cream BEFORE dinner then Joe met us at Lafayette.  We had pizza for dinner and then we headed to watch the game.  We made it longer than I thought we might-the whole first half!  It took lots of puffs, yogurt melts, two sippy cups, and one ring pop to make it the 30 minutes, but it was well worth the sugar rush I had to deal with on the way home and during bed time-ha!

First high school basketball game
Watching the game
Nathan had a lot of fun at the game.  We went for a ride in the elevator, made a trip to Mommy's room, and explored the school a little.  (Side note:  this past Friday night we took the boys to another Lafayette game and as we were getting ready to leave we were practicing our "Go Lancers!" and Nathan turned to me and said "No, it's Go BAYLOR!"  I couldn't argue with that! :))
Love this face!
The ring pop...Mom's last bribe in the bag!  Luckily it lasted about 10 minutes before he dropped it.
 That weekend I helped throw a baby shower for one of my really good friends, Jenn.  Her son is due at the end of March and I couldn't be more excited for her and her husband.  They are amazing people and will be awesome parents!
Jenn with the hostesses:  Krista, Crystal, and me
With the gifts.  The bird pen she is holding was a gift from my mom (?) at one of my showers for Nathan and we have used it at a few showers since then!
Sophie-the best present EVER!  Don't know what it is about French rubber but it must taste awesome!
With the gift my mom and I gave her
My mom did the flower arrangements and I made the favors and ultrasound centerpieces
 Valentine's Day was so much fun this year!  We started a few new traditions that I hope we always continue. We all got up early and I made chocolate chip waffles with my new waffle iron I got for Christmas (seriously the best thing ever!).  The boys were starting to get sick so they didn't eat much, but it was still so much fun to sit and have breakfast together!



Nathan had his Valentine's Day party at school that day and had so much fun!  He came home with lots of crafts, valentines, and of course candy!  We had dinner at my parents' house and my mom made a yummy meal (as always!).  Afterwards we opened our Valentine's Day gifts and then headed home.  It was such a fun day!

Will kept putting cars in his mouth...I really hope that lead paint was banned before that car was painted!
This picture cracks me up.  Will is SO happy, but his brother has stolen all of his presents!  I don't think that will last much longer-haha!

My little loves.
Helping Bapa open his present.

Hey there, red head!

0 comments: