Nathan went in for his 9 month well visit two Saturdays ago. Dr. Flug says Nathan looks great! It was kind of an overwhelming appointment for me for many reasons. One, Nathan can now eat "real" food. It sounded great at the time-no more baby food making for me, but then again, baby food was much easier I am finding out. We are still giving him some baby food and we are just making it thicker, however I don't want to feed him baby food forever! I have heard the longer you feed them baby food, the pickier the eater. I'm really not so sure how true that is. Anyway, I am starting to feed Nathan more off of my plate. On Saturday, he ate spaghetti for lunch-big mistake...see?


You wouldn't believe how long it took me to clean up after him-ha! It sure was cute though! Things are getting easier though. Last night and tonight he ate meatloaf and vegetables and I even fed him mashed potatoes last night, which he loved. Sunday, I used plain leftover spaghetti noodles and mixed it with shredded cheese and lunchmeat (sounds gross, but I really wanted him to eat meat!) and he seemed to really like it. But he absolutely LOVES meatloaf! (Good for me, because I do, too.) Joe is now out-numbered! ANYWAY, I guess the reason I'm going into WAY too much detail is because I need help from people who have babies older than Nathan-what did you feed your baby when they first started table food?! Back to Dr. Flug...Nathan has had lots of drainage lately and hasn't been sleeping well at night because of a cough. His nose has been running, just doesn't seem like he feels very well. It started about 3 weeks ago when I came home from school sick. Dr. Flug looked at him and said it looked like allergies (WHAT!?!). He said it was hard to tell though because Nathan is so young and allergy tests at this age don't show up clearly. So, he said to give him a 1/2 tsp of dimatapp (sp?) each night and it seemed to work. I stopped giving it to him and he seems so sleep okay now, so hopefully it was just a slight bug and no allergies! The important stuff about the checkup was that Nathan weighs 22 lbs 11 oz (78% I think), is 30" long (92% I believe) and his head circumference is 18" (87% I think). I can't remember which percentiles he's in...those are pretty rough...I lost the sheet. Most importantly, Nathan didn't have any scheduled shots. He just got the flu shot. I debated for a while, but I feel confident in my decision. Lastly, I have been very concerned about making enough milk for Nathan. I pump 4 times a day (once in the morning and 3 times at work) and still barely make enough for what he needs to get each day. Dr. Flug said I can start whole milk at 11 1/2 months, but I am really going to try to wait until 1 year. Also, he said that yogurt or cheese can take the place of a serving of milk each day. (I don't replace the serving, I just count it as extra) I really needed to know he was getting enough calcium each day!
Dr. Flug sure is good with Nathan and his nurse that Nathan always sees cracks Nathan up. She's so silly, so they get along great! I can't believe the next time we go in he'll be one! Yikes!
(excuse the rambling, milk and food has kind of stressed me out lately!)
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



1 comments:
plastic potatoes are my best friend--you know, the box that all you have to do is add water, milk, and butter? that plus any meat we are eating and corn and my kid is happy--but he doesn't really like meat, so I use the potatoes to hide it.
Post a Comment