
r


It has been a long time since I have updated. For some reason I have been so unmotivated to blog! I really think it is because we have been too busy having fun with Nathan. He has been up to so much this month!
Nathan has said a lot of words this month! So far he has said bye-bye, Mama, Dada, uh-oh, Papa, book, and ball. He said book and ball on Saturday while our Parents as Teacher's person was here. She said he has a very good vocabulary for an 11 month old. I'm convinced it is because my mom stands with him in front of the fridge and points to pictures and says names over and over again with him. Now he is able to go to the fridge and say "Mama" and "Papa" when he sees pictures with me and my dad in them. This morning my mom said "go get your book" and he crawled over and picked up his book.
Nathan has learned how to walk behind his truck and car and push them across the floor and back. When he hits a wall or knows that he can't go any further, he moves himself to the other side of the truck or car and pushes it the other direction. I will try to post a video later of him doing it. It is really cute. While pushing the car at my mom's house, he will push it right past a table in my mom's family room and pull a doily off of the table and just keep walking. It is so funny!
He has also started to climb. I'm not so sure this is the best thing in the world. The first thing he climbed up on was my mom and dad's hearth. He can get up and down and knows he needs to turn around to get off. On Friday night he crawled all the way up their stairs from the basement. (I was following right behind him of course!) He didn't stumble once. On Saturday we went to the Krenn's house for game night and he did it several times. We finally had to put a bunch of furniture in the way of the stairs so he wouldn't go up!
He is starting to stand for a while. I have to stand him up in order to get him to do it, and he won't always do it, but on Friday I finally got him to stand for about 30 seconds. He's not showing too much interest in walking quite yet, but I'm okay with that. He'll walk when he's good and ready!
He got his hearing and vision checked last Monday. We originally scheduled it for earlier the previous week, but he had an ear infection so we moved it back. He passed with flying colors! (I was very excited about that!)
Last night we went to a Trunk or Treat at my mom and dad's church. Nathan had a great time and he even got to hang out with Bennett! He pushed Bennett in the wagon. It was really cute.


Getting his first Trick or Treat "candy." He got pretzels-something he might actually be able to eat!
"Forget the pretzels, I'll just eat the bag!"
The boy who gave him the pretzels.
Nathan with "Lydi Lydi," his babysitter 2 days a week
Nathan and Bennett
Nathan and me with Crystal and Bennett
In the wagon. The boys were so good even though they had to be burning up in their outfits!More tonight-my baby bumble bee turned 11 months old today!




0 comments:
Post a Comment