Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Visiting Santa

I met my mom and Nathan at Plaza Frontenac after school today so that Nathan could sit on Santa's lap. We did it last year and decided we were going to make it a tradition for us to go see Santa and then eat at Canyon Cafe.

Nathan wasn't so sure of Santa this year! It was actually the same Santa as last year. He is such a great Santa! At first I took Nathan over to the area where Santa was and talked to Santa for a minute to show Nathan Santa wasn't so bad. Then I moved a little closer. Eventually I gave him to Santa and backed away toward the lady who was taking pictures. The pictures didn't go so hot. We got one okay one out of the four you get to take and choose from. Nathan squirmed and really didn't want Santa to hold him but I was very thankful he didn't scream and cry. He only whined, which wasn't bad at all. After that we ate dinner and Nathan was in a much better mood. We decided to go back to see if we could get some picture of Nathan with Santa with our camera and we got a couple of good ones. Santa even let us sit in his chair and take pictures with Nathan! Good thing we went during the school week and only 3 other families showed up in the hour we were there!

Us with Santa! (it was the only way I could get Nathan anywhere Santa at first-ha!)
Nathan and Grammy in Santa's chair
Mommy and Nathan
All smiles in the end-stinker! :)
And for comparison purposes...
Nathan and Grammy (December 2008)
Nathan and Grammy (December 2009)
All three of us at Canyon Cafe (December 2008)
December 2009
Nathan and Santa December 2008
December 2009 (Notice Santa is having a harder time keeping Nathan in his lap!)
"Who is this guy??"

0 comments: