Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Little Turkey!

Nathan turned 1 today! I just can't believe it.

He hasn't been feeling too well over the past couple of days and had a very hard time falling asleep last night so we started off the day kind of rough. I felt so bad for him. He was so tired at 8:30 a.m. that we tried to put him down. He could not get comfortable or breathe, so we took him out and decided to go ahead and leave for my parents' house. Our goal was to get him to fall asleep in the car and we would just take a family drive so he could take a nap sitting up in his carseat since he had such a hard time sleeping laying down in his crib. So, we left and ended up driving around for 2 hours-actually Joe dropped me off at my parents after 1 1/2 hours so I could help my mom and he continued to drive around so Nathan could sleep!

We got to my parents' house and Nathan decided he wanted to open a few gifts, or just tear the bows off of them, so we helped him open a few gifts and then had lunch. Nathan ate everything we ate and he loved it! He hasn't been eating very well because he is sick, but he ate so well today! After lunch we opened more gifts, ate cake, and then just let Nathan play for a long time. He actually did eat the cake today and even a little icing without gagging or throwing up, so that was nice! While Nathan played we watched Christmas with the Cranks. After Nathan went down for his afternoon nap we watched the proposal. Nathan woke up at 6:00 from his nap in the best mood! He opened more gifts (it took us all day because he didn't really care about opening gifts, he just wanted to play with his car!) A couple of the best gifts he got were the farmer spin wheel where you pull the lever down and the arrow in the middle spins until it lands on an animal and then it plays a song about the animal and makes its sound. He also got money in a college fund that my parents opened up for him for his 1st birthday. Nathan loved the farmer toy and Mommy and Daddy liked the college fund! :)

One of the best moments from today was when Nana called to wish him a happy birthday. She called this morning but he was screaming and not up to "talking" to her, so I told her she might want to call back later. I am so glad she did! She called after his second nap and he said "hi" to her 3 times! It was so cute!

It was a fun day. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday and this year it was extra special. Nathan is the biggest blessing ever and I can't think of a better day to celebrate his first birthday. I am so thankful for this past year with a healthy, happy, curious, sweet, and silly little boy.

Nathan and Papa reading his Thanksgiving book. (I think Papa needed an excuse to snuggle with Nathan!)
My mom decorated the table! It was so cute, I really don't think this picture does it justice.
The Birthday Boy talking on his cell phone-ha!
Nathan with his gifts.
The Keillors
Grammy and Papa with Nathan
Nathan liked chewing on the ribbon, forget opening presents!
Opening the college fund account gift
Playing with Pound a Ball. He loved it-so did Daddy and Papa! Boys!
Watching Papa carve the turkey. He was scared of the electric knife (its sounds) so we had to watch Papa do it so he didn't cry!
Playing with the gift that Nana and Grandpa got him. He really got the hang of it and started pulling the lever all by himself!
Family.
The birthday boy and me
Watching the candle while we sing to him. I'm sure he was contemplating how he could grab it!
Nathan and his car. He has another car that I have posted about in the past, but this one is another one he got for his birthday. As much as this boy loves his cars, he needs one at both houses-ha!
Nathan and his gifts

Onto what Nathan has been up to this month. He loves to push the kitchen chairs all over and last weekend while we were at the Krenn's house having fondue, he pushed my chair out from underneath me! I'm glad I felt for my chair before I sat down! He also started dancing to music and pushes his rainforest music crib hanger (thing) each night before he goes to bed so he can listen to music as he falls asleep. He started saying "hi" (obviously) and other words like "Dada", and "ta-da!" He learned how to get into his car and get out of it. He also learned how to move himself while on it. He crawled down the stairs to our basement all by himself (with me right behind him keeping him from falling all the way down of course), and then crawled up them immediately after. He got his hair cut for the first time at the Hairy Elephant and took his first steps. This has been a very busy month for Nathan Isaac!

Happy Birthday Nathan-I love you to the moon and back!

0 comments: