It has been WAAAAAAAY too long since I last posted, BUT I have lots of "good" reasons. Promise. Here are a few.
Nathan: This little boy keeps me M-O-V-I-N-G (not to mention the babysitter and my mom)! He now has over 75 words and said his first sentence I couple of weeks ago! ("I see...wa-wa, door, bear, etc.) He is getting VERY big but I don't have his stats yet, we go to the doctor next week. Nathan currently has 1 speed-running. We took him to the pool this weekend while my friend Ali was in town and ran on the pool deck. I was so afraid he was going to fall and I literally spent the 1 1/2 hours we were there chasing him. I'm sure I looked funny running after an 18 month old for that long. We have been spending tons of time outside and we spent about 2 hours at the pool again yesterday. I am planning on taking him to the Magic House, Suson Park, and the pool a lot this summer. My friend Meg and I have a goal to go to as many parks as possible this summer and walk with the kids. I am so excited for that and I know Nathan will love it, too. Nathan is finally settling down into 1 nap a day. Since this weekend was the beginning of summer for me I have been experimenting with naptime. I have started putting him down at about 11:15 and he sleeps until about 2:00. He will eat almost anything and doesn't like really sweet things, which I love! He will be going to Branson with me and my parents this weekend. Hopefully we can find some stuff for 18 month olds to do.
Joe: Joe graduated from Wash U Law School May 21st. The day before we got to go to a ceremony for the top 15% of the class. I can't describe how proud I was! I knew I'd be excited for him, but he worked and studied so hard for 3 years and he's done! As for the next 1 1/2 years until he starts at Bryan Cave (start date=Jan 2012), Joe will be going to the University of Chicago to get his LLM. (basically a masters of law) He won't get a specialized one, but a general LLM. I can't keep up with the type of law he wants to do, but I think he said corporate litigation?? We'll see. Chicago was a big decision for us as a family, but after praying about it, I have a peace about it and know that it is what is right for the next year for our family. I have had several friends from both out of state and here in St. Louis offer to help me if I need anything next year, so that will be nice. Joe will hopefully only have class Monday-Thursday and then come home on Fridays and stay until Sunday. We found out the train tickets are only $25 if you get them enough in advance. The LLM is only 8 1/2 months and goes from last September until early June. Therefore, I will already be settled into school before he leaves in the fall. I'm so thankful for that! Right now Joe is taking BARBRI (a study course for the Bar) and will take the test the last week of July. As soon as he is finished with the Bar we will head to Lake Tahoe to relax-we can't wait!
Jenn: I have been so busy with so many things! This semester I took 7 hours of classes and as of right now I plan on finishing my master's next May. I finished the school year last Friday and had my friend Ali from California out this weekend to catch up and relax. It was so nice to see her again. The original plan was for me to go to California a few days before Joe in July to hang out with her, but she recently decided to study abroad in Germany for the whole summer so I won't get to see her. We spent the weekend out at Innsbrook with my parents, Joe, and Nathan and then came back and went to the Melting Pot on Sunday evening. It was so fun to have a girls' night! We spent lots of time at the pool and I am SO sunburned! Ali left today, but we had such a great trip! This summer I am signed up to take 6 hours of classes at Webster which will keep me busy (as if Nathan won't keep me busy enough!) I found out I will be teaching 3 classes of biology next year and 2 anatomy & physiology. I will also have MY OWN ROOM! That was the best news of all! In 7 years of teaching, this is my 2nd year to start the year with my very own room. Hopefully I won't have to move out of that room for a while.
I will try to post pictures soon!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



1 comments:
SO glad you posted!! I've been waiting for an update.
Post a Comment