Monday, July 26, 2010

More July Adventures!

Last Sunday Nathan woke up with a limp. I was concerned because it was pretty bad. I took him to church anyway (Joe had reserves, so it was just the two of us), and I told his Sunday school teacher to page me if he cried or anything. He limped the whole day on Sunday and into Monday. I called the doctor first thing on Monday morning and they got us in at 10:15. So, Nathan and I had plans to go to the Magic House anyway for breakfast (another cool thing they had this month!) so we went and had a donut! (I felt bad giving him donuts, so I only let him eat 1/3 of his :))
After breakfast, we ran a couple of errands and then headed to the doctor. The ped was pretty confused based on where Nathan complained of pain. We thought it was in his hip, but he only complained if you pressed on his left thigh. So, at first the doctor thought it could be virus that kids get in their hip sometimes, but then he started talking about femur breaks! That scared me...a lot! So, I loaded Nathan up, ran to Bread Co to get us lunch, and called Joe. He wanted to go with me (I was so relieved!), so he met us at Bread Co and we headed to St. John's for x-rays. I was really nervous because Nathan would be missing his nap time, but he fell asleep in the car and did this for the entire time we were in the waiting room (maybe 20 minutes at the most-it all went so fast!)
I couldn't be in the room while he got his x-rays because I am pregnant, but he didn't cry and did everything his daddy and x-ray tech asked him to do. He did great and the best part was, they held us there until the x-rays were read (a total of maybe 10 minutes) and told us the results right there-everything looked fine! So, we were only at the hospital for 1 1/2 hours AND no breaks! We are still confused because he is still limping from time to time, but he isn't complaining of any pain. I am going to continue to keep an eye on him!
On Wednesday we met my dad for lunch downtown. Nathan was good, the food was good, and I always love spending father/daughter time! It was a great lunch date!

Each time we go have lunch with my dad, Nathan wiggles more and more. Here he is almost on the floor...next time I'm sure he'll be running across the room and I'll just have a picture of my dad sitting in his chair-ha!

The rest of the week we really didn't do much because I didn't want Nathan running around too much on his leg. We leave for Tahoe on Thursday, so I should have lots of great pictures once we get back from our trip!

0 comments: