Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Knock on wood...

Nathan is asleep for his first night in his "big boy" bed. I have been dreading it...as in DREADING it. I didn't know if he would stay, but after 20 minutes of rolling around he finally fell asleep! We have been building it up for a few weeks and even our Parents as Teachers teacher talked to him about it. Our doctor said it would be best to do it now so that Nathan doesn't feel like he is losing EVERYTHING to the baby once he comes. I have heard this from several people, too. Either way, I'm not going to get too excited because its the first night-he still hasn't made it through the entire night, hasn't figured out that he can get out, etc. I have been talking to him a lot about how big boys stay in their bed ALL night. As he was going to bed tonight he starting crying and throwing a fit. We had no idea why but I wasn't about to make him feel like it was a punishment to sleep in the bed, so I let him get out for a minute, then Joe and I figured he just wanted to read some more. I sat with him at the foot of his bed for about 10 minutes longer reading. Then, I tucked him in and read one more book sitting beside his bed. THEN, I sang him his song and rubbed his back ("rub yure baaack" as Nathan says). He rolled around for a while, called me in about 10 minutes later to cover him up, and then was asleep about 5 minutes later. Here's hoping he sleeps the entire night. I'll keep you posted. :)

Nathan's new daybed...as you can see we haven't been able to find a bedskirt...I'm hoping to get one before the new baby comes!

While I was in there I thought I'd take a few pictures of the room-CRAZY I know. :)
After we made Nathan's bed tonight, we decided to go ahead and move everything over to his new room. Joe and Nathan had fun putting the bins into this bookcase that I put together last weekend...Joe taught Nathan how to sort. It was so cute! Plus, Nathan helped Joe put the bins together by pushing the cardboard piece into the bottom of each of them. He thought he was so cool for helping Dad-o.


0 comments: