November is always a fun and crazy month for us because it seems like everyone in our family has a birthday in November! My birthday is November 3rd, my mom's is November 19th, and Nathan's is the 26th. We definitely eat a lot of cake during November!! We had family pictures taken on November 7th by my friend Roxana. To see them click here.
We had Nathan's birthday party on November 13th and we had a lot of fun. He had an Elmo party and we kept it very small since our lives are a little crazy right now. We had my family in from Oklahoma and a few friends over. After Nathan went to bed we played games, it was a lot of fun.
I had class two weekends during November, which was hard because I missed most of the weekend with Joe. The second weekend of my class was the weekend of my mom's birthday. We took her to the Top of the Riverfront and surprised her by inviting two of her greatest friends. We all had a great time and my mom was very surprised! The next day we had my parents over for lunch. I ordered her a birthday cake because you only turn 29 twice...I mean...ummm...yeah. It was a special birthday and she NEVER lets us order her a birthday cake because she is the last one in our family to have a birthday and thinks we've had too much cake by the time her birthday rolls around. (Good thing she has a family that LOVES sugar!! :))
Nathan and Mimi before he helped her open her gifts
I put the Christmas tree up the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately one of the strands of lights went out and I couldn't stand it, so I went through every light on the strand and tightened it. Then I went through and tried to replace them one at a time to figure it out. Didn't work. Needless to say, my fingers hurt SO bad for like 2 days afterwards from all of the light-pulling-out and plugging-in. My dad ended up buying this really cool tool that you plug into one of the light sockets and it fixes the strand. In less than 5 minutes the strand was fixed! Amazingness.
Today my mom, Nathan, and I made our annual trip to see Santa at Frontenac. We ate at Canyon Cafe after getting his picture taken with Santa. He LOVED Santa! While we were at dinner (right across from where Santa was), Nathan waved at Santa several times. It was really cute. He even smiled for the camera and we got some great pictures. Click here to see last year and the year before.
At dinner
Sitting on Santa's lap
Santa is silly! (We have this same picture from last year-with the same Santa!)
Cheese!
With Mimi
With Mommy-he would NOT just smile...here he is mid-cheese, which he said because we promised him a sucker if he would smile. :) Yes, bribery, I know.
I forgot to mention this before, but last Saturday I took Nathan for his 2-year check-up. He did great. He is 36 lbs. and 36.5 inches tall-definitely a big boy. I'm not exactly sure of the percentages, but I know he is at the top. He also got the flu shot. It is definitely important this year since we will have a new baby boy to protect from germs in 7 weeks!
Speaking of the baby, everything is going well. I forgot my doctor appointment last week. (I was working on a final and totally forgot to go, I thought it was on Wednesday instead of Tuesday!) I am going on Thursday so I will update then. I am still feel great and this baby sure is active! I love every minute of it though, even when he is using my ribs for kickboxing practice. (I think those skills may come in handy someday to protect himself from his older brother! :))
Speaking of the baby, everything is going well. I forgot my doctor appointment last week. (I was working on a final and totally forgot to go, I thought it was on Wednesday instead of Tuesday!) I am going on Thursday so I will update then. I am still feel great and this baby sure is active! I love every minute of it though, even when he is using my ribs for kickboxing practice. (I think those skills may come in handy someday to protect himself from his older brother! :))



0 comments:
Post a Comment