Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Random Happenings...The Rest of April and May

At the beginning of April Nathan's preschool (also the children's area of our church) got chicken eggs for the kids to watch.  Then, one Sunday at church the eggs actually hatched!  Nathan was so excited and it was really cool to be at church to see them hatch, not many kids that go to school also go to church there, so it was a special treat! 

The one on top of the egg hatched right before we walked in
So excited!
Wearing Dada's hat (Will actually calls Joe Dada instead of Daddoe...it is SO strange to hear after 3 years of Daddoe!  I'm going to miss "Daddoe" though once Nathan stops calling him that someday...)
Joe's mom sent Nathan this letter with a Buzz Lightyear stamp.  He carried it everywhere for the next two days, including to bed.  Lately he picks a toy/object and carries it with him everywhere for a few days until he finds something else he is very interested in.  It is so cute.  Sometime he carries three or four things in his little arms-he looks so overloaded-ha!
On Cinco de Mayo Joe called me into the room to see this-Will stacking blocks.  He made it to 6 blocks high! 
T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Later on Cinco de Mayo we went to our neighbor Alec's birthday party.  The party was at Whittle Train Station.  Nathan had so much fun playing.  Will however was frustrated because he couldn't pull the train tracks off of the tables and chuck them across the room (they were glued down).  It was funny to watch him try though!  Anyway, Alec had a pinata and each kid got a chance to break it open.  Nathan was last and I'm kind of glad because he happened to hit in the right spot and it broke.  I'm glad he didn't do that as the first kid to try to hit it!
Collecting candy.  Later at the party I ate one of his tootsie rolls and he yelled across the room "hey mom, you aren't eating my candy are you!?!"  ahh, no son, no I'm not-ha!
Nathan's last day of school was May 10th.  I think it is going to be our new tradition to get ice cream on his last day of school.  At this point Nathan had the cup and Will hadn't gotten his yet.  You'd never know Will is upset about that-huh? :)
Will's latest obsession is Nathan's conductor's hat that my parents brought him from Arizona before he was even born.  He puts it on with the bill facing forward, sideways, backwards, and every other direction.  It is hilarious and half of the time he runs around unable to see.  Nathan and I both laugh so hard at him!
"How do I look?"
Nathan reading the dictionary.  Yes, the dictionary.  His favorite book isn't Goodnight Moon or The Very Hungry Caterpillar, it's the dictionary.  He carries it everywhere and when I try to sneak it back on the shelf in the office, he gets it back within 10 minutes.  Crazy kid!  (He loves to "read" lately.  That means sometimes he won't let us read him a bedtime story he has to read it to us.  He is pretty good at reciting what each page says on the books that we have read 1,000,000 times!)
Nothing like a dictionary bedtime story.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture.  Every night the boys give each other a goodnight kiss. Last night it was so cute because they were both sitting on the floor facing each other.  Will gave Nathan a kiss on the lips and then clapped.  I tried to get a picture but they kept moving so fast.  I sure do love my sweet boys!
Nathan's turn!

0 comments: