Thursday, June 12, 2008

From Peanuts to Lemons


Well, it's official. Our peanut is the size of a lemon! Joe is out of town for a month at an Air Force training school so I went to the doctor's office alone today. I always have a small amount of anxiety at each appointment. You would think it would be the 1 1/2 hours I sit in the waiting room each time, however it is really the hope of hearing my new favorite sound. There is NOTHING like hearing the baby's heartbeat. My favorite part is when the baby moves closer to the monitor and it gets louder. Then the baby moves away and it gets softer. Anyway, I heard the baby's heartbeat today and it was 163 beats/minute. The heartbeat has been the same for the last three visits, so that's exciting. I will post more next Thursday after the ultrasound!

2 comments:

Crystal Mueller said...

Yay! I already love your little lemon and can't wait to see it in person!!!

The Adams said...

Isn't it great to hear the sweet heartbeat everytime. That was always my favorite thing too. And, don't you still feel like you can hear the heartbeat in your head even after you leave?! I think you are having a girl. :) That is my guess with that fast heartbeat. Can't wait for another update Thursday!