Yesterday I took Nathan to his 6 month check-up. Here is what we found out:
- He weighs 18 lbs. 9 oz.
- He is 27 1/2" long
- His head circumference is 17 1/2" (such a WEIRD stat...I guess it is good that his brain is growing...:))
- He got two shots. He didn't even whimper! He's so good. :)
- Ear infection is almost cleared up. He only has to take the antibiotic through Friday! (I didn't give him any ear drops or motrin/tylenol today-he is doing soooo much better!)
- Sleep issues-Nathan has gotten into the habit of waking up once a night (with the exception of the 3-hours stints with the ear infection...) I asked the doctor if he had a book to recommend and he told me to get Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems. I ordered it on Amazon yesterday and can't wait to get it! Wouldn't you know that he slept through the night last night-ha!
- REAL FOOD! Nathan started baby food today. The doctor said he should be eating 4 Tbs. of cereal 2 times a day (breakfast and bed time for us) and then start 1 new vegetable every 3 days. He also said to switch back and forth between orange and green vegetables because the orange ones are sweeter and babies like them better. We started green beans today. I am making my own baby food so last night I went and bought green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and I hesitated on carrots. I've heard bad stuff about making your own carrot baby food...has anyone else? I made the green beans this morning, but I wasn't very happy with the consistency. I think I might try the blender next time...I will post pictures of Nathan eating his greens tomorrow (hopefully...) He did so great! At first he wasn't sure, but he ate ALL of them!



2 comments:
Maybe just buy a tiny jar to start. Carrots SERIOUSLY constipate Sam. Seriously. I would check it out before you invest time in making it yourself.
Um, is that weird that Cole weighs about the same as Nathan and is the same length...and Cole is 2 months younger? What a porker!! :-)
Post a Comment