Saturday, June 20, 2009

So close...

Nathan is SO close to crawling! Last week he started rocking on his hands and knees. This week he started doing push-ups, it's so funny! He basically is on his hands and feet. Today he kind of bunny hopped forward a little bit because he was rocking on his hands and knees so hard he kind of jumped forward. Before he didn't really like being on his hands and knees, but now he prefers it. I really think he will start crawling any day!

He LOVES his jumperoo. It is so funny to watch him jump in it. He will jump so high and just squeal, laugh, and smile. Today I heard him from our basement! His laughs and squeals sure to do make my day!

Nathan has eaten green beans, butternut squash, peas, and sweet potatoes so far. No allergies yet! The only problem we have had is that peas stop him up-poor kid. He has enjoyed every food he has tried so far. We are on sweet potatoes now and will finish up tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do next...has anyone tried to make spinach yet? I've heard it is hard to make into a "first food." We leave for Texas on Wednesday anyway, so I'm thinking of just buying spinach at the store just so he can try it. We are doing 3 days on each vegetable, but I think we will do 5 days on fruits. My friend told me some allergies don't show up until after 3 days and since fruit allergies are more common I figured I better do 5 days on the fruits.

Toofer #5 finally made its appearance on Thursday. It has been giving him the fits for about a week now and I can't tell you how happy I am it finally made it through! We had a few very rough nights this past week, but I think his sleep schedule is finally starting to recover.

My dad and I took Nathan to the zoo last Saturday so I will try to post pictures of that and Father's Day before I leave for Texas.

0 comments: