Monday, April 5, 2010

Baylor Madness!!

Let me just start this post by saying I am SO proud to be a Baylor Bear. Baylor has worked so hard over the last 7 years to get past the whole "shooting" thing that happened in '03. If you don't know about it, you obviously didn't watch the tournament because I listened and they talked about it every time Baylor got ready to step onto the court. I have to say, Scott Drew, Tweety, Udoh, Dunn, and Lomers did an amazing job this tournament. Drew coached his heart out and the guys played so hard. They definitely made March a fun month for me and I look forward to next year when we will get 1 McDonald's All-American and another top 100 recruit. I think I'll go ahead and make my bracket for March 2011!

Anyway, we did a lot of fun things to celebrate Baylor's success and watch the games. For the second round game we went to watch the game with a couple in our Sunday School class since the wife went to Baylor. It was great because their house was baby-proofed (we didn't have to follow Nathan from place to place the WHOLE time-only when he started pushing the water dispensing button on their fridge door and soaked himself and the floor) and they have a son about 8 months older than Nathan. The boys had fun playing and we all enjoyed pizza and brownies!

Here's Nathan before we left for their house. Joe's mom gave us this Baylor hat when we found out Nathan was a boy. It was Joe's when he was little. Right before we left, I was changing Nathan's diaper thinking "I wish Nathan had a Baylor hat!" I looked up on his bookshelf and there was the hat! I stuck it on him and immediately got the camera-you can tell how excited he was to wear it-ha!

"Mom, you can't be serious!"
"If I pull the eyes off maybe she won't make me wear it again!" (He hates hats and will wear them for about 1.275 seconds before ripping them off!)

For the Sweet 16 game Joe and I wanted to get some alumni together to watch the game. We have friends here in St. Louis that went to Baylor (My big from Theta Meg, our friends from church, etc.) but we decided to call Baylor and see if they could help us get more alumni. They sent out an email to all of the alumni in the St. Louis area and I got about 17 people in RSVPs. It turned out we ended up with over 35 people! It was amazing! We even had some 2009 graduates. Everyone talked, ate, drank, and cheered on the Bears the whole night. At the end of the game when Baylor won everyone in the restaurant with us cheered. We were hoping to get together for a Final Four game, which obviously didn't happen, but like I said before, I'm still excited for them and all that they did this year-they were supposed to finish 10th in the Big 12...think again-they ended up tied for 2nd!
Nathan's name-tag (It reads "Nathan Keillor class of '30")
The guy from Baylor sent me all kinds of goodies-including tons of these temporary tattoos! There were only about 4 kids there, but all the parents were sure to take home lots for future games. We also got post-it pads, pens, poms, table decoration, and mints.
Dada and Nathan
Sic 'em Bears!

1 comments:

The Adams said...

I love the bear hat and name tag with class of '30....ha. So glad you updated the blog...i've been waiting to see new pictures. :)