Last Thursday Nathan had his first day of school. I had to go to school, but Joe took him and stayed for about 30 minutes. My mom also went since she will be the one taking and picking Nathan up from school. Since I didn't get to go, I made sure to be with him when he opened his first day of school treat-a school bus pencil pouch, a folder that he can color, a Cars notebook, and Maisy Goes to Preschool. We actually read the book the night before, but the beauty of having a 2 1/2 year old is that you can wrap something after they see it and it is like they've never seen it before! :) He was so excited about school after reading the book, and he told me all of the things he would do when he got to school.
 |
| Putting his bear above his hook |
 |
| Mrs. Karen |
 |
| Mrs. Erica |
 |
| In front of his classroom |
Normally he will go to school from 9:30-2:30, but on his first day he went from 9:30-12:00. Even though it was a shortened day, they still took him through the normal stuff that they will be doing throughout the year. He did blocks, puzzles, fine motor activities, then gross motor/music, circle time, learning centers, free play, Bible story, snack, recess, another fine motor activity, and then sang songs. He was pooped, but enjoyed his day. When I asked him how his day went he said "I didn't throw at school!" Ha-can you tell what we are working on with him lately? Love my little pre-schooler!
0 comments:
Post a Comment