Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Fun

Last Sunday my parents came over for our annual pumpkin carving night.  We started it last year and both times have been a lot of fun.  This year, since it was so warm outside, we decided to carve the pumpkins outside before it got dark.  It was fun that both boys could participate...well, we thought it was fun, I don't think Nathan was so excited about it.  :)  Will kept trying to dice up his pumpkin!!!
waiting patiently...something is very funny apparently!
cutting-Nathan really helped me cut out every part of the Jack O' Lantern's face.  Will just tried to carve out his ears, but was unsuccessful in doing so. 
 
carving pumpkins is serious business!

Anyone know when I should expect to have my first family photo with everyone looking at the camera, with eyes open, and smiling?  15 years from now?  Thought so... :)

Then, this past Wednesday night was the Halloween party at the Magic House.  Joe had to work late, but we had already paid to have dinner there and Nathan LOVES this event (Will is too small to remember it) so we had to go!  At first I was going to just take them in their normal clothes because it was so hot, but then I found their awesome fireman raincoats in their closets.  I scrounged up the only two firefighter hats left in the house (Will likes to smash them like they are aluminum cans) and headed out.  They boys were PERFECT walking into the Magic House, eating dinner, and playing.  They stayed together pretty much the whole time or stayed in areas that were next to each other so I could watch them at the same time.  It was my first time taking them alone and it went great!
Getting ready to PLAY!
Pizza...the raincoat doubled as a bib.  Since he is the messiest eater on the planet, I should have figured this out before.  I think I will take it out to eat with us every time we go out!

Will's first (and last) signature was Tinkerbell.  He knew exactly what to do!

King of the Lego Mountain!
Someone turns 4 in less than a month-how is that possible?!?
The raincoat actually tripled as a water smock!  What a great invention.
Dr. Nathan Keillor.  I think I texted Joe's sister about 10 photos from this area.  Maybe he will be a vet just like her!?
Checking the dog's heartbeat.  He said the dog would be just fine!  What a relief!
The next night Joe took Nathan to Dad's night at his preschool.  The dads get to go and carve pumpkins with their child.  They won the prize for the best nose this year.
 
2011-won for best smile!

0 comments: