Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Rest of September

The second to last weekend in September Joe and I decided to take the boys to Eckert's in Millstadt, IL to go pumpkin picking.  My mom was out at Innsbrook with a couple of her girlfriends, so we asked my dad to go along.  Little did we know that they don't even take people out to the pumpkin patch until October 1st-oops!  Luckily we were at Millstadt, so we had plenty of things to do like:
weigh Will on the apple scale...

go for pony rides...


(Will wasn't so sure about the horse by the middle of the ride, so my dad had to take him off.  He liked petting the horse much better!)
feeding the llamas...


...and hoping we don't lose fingers!
jumping on the big "pillow"
and riding the tire horses!
The next Tuesday was Q'doba night!  We LOVED Q'doba night with Mimi and Bapa, but we haven't been as consist this fall because everyone has been so busy.  Joe had a very busy schedule at work during the month of  September, so we had lots of dinners with Mimi and Bapa!
ice cream after Q'doba
Ice cream cone!!
Later in the week Joe was out of town so Nathan wanted to spend the night in my bed.  I used to sleep in my mom's and dad's bed while my dad was out of town when I was little, so I thought we'd give it a try and he did great!  I didn't even know he was in the bed with me and he fell asleep great.  Now when Joe isn't around for bedtime he asks me if he can sleep in my bed!

My mom got Nathan a cookbook last Christmas and he loves to make things out of it. The only problem is, Will also likes to "help", so we have to wait until he is in bed or he is tied up playing with Joe in another room.  We finally found some Mommy/Nathan time and got to make Puppy Chow!
That night, we had to celebrate Joe coming home from out of town and that his HUGE project was finished, so we headed to Orange Leaf.  We LOVE Orange Leaf!  Will even got his own frozen yogurt to celebrate-a first!

 


And because Blogger never makes blogging easy...here is a picture from the night before when my mom and I went to the Cardinals game with Meg and Bill Krenn.  Joe and I bid on the tickets at the Missouri Children's Home Society auction and fundraiser and won.  Since Bill works there, we decided to take them, however Joe found out he had to go out of town after we bid on the tickets, so I took my Momma!  It was so fun!

0 comments: