Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bad News Bears

So...I went in for a cervical length today and we have officially entered into the "below 3 cm" zone. It measured 2.7. The doctor came in and said "everything looks good." I said "really, what were the measurements?" He said "2.7." I said "WHAT! You said anything below 3 cm is not good." He said "yeah, but you're what, 27 weeks?" I said "No, I'm 25 weeks, so is 2.7 okay for 25 weeks." He smiled and said "Well, let's just say it's borderline." FABULOUS! Borderline? Are you kidding me? He followed up by telling me I need to sit and lay down as much as possible. RRRight, because that is so easy for a teacher to do. He said if I come back next week and there is significant change I am on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy. ANYWAY, I'm really frustrated, but I'm not going to post it all on here. Please pray that it doesn't shorten anymore.

2 comments:

Katie said...

oh jenn...i will pray that it stays LONG and that you can make it through the rest of the pregnancy without bedrest (although I know in some ways it would be nice!). Hope school is ok...work on "resting" and lying down at school...I think the lab tables ought to work out just fine! :)

Katie Murphy said...

jenn, just to encourage you. i have a friend who went through all of this and now has a happy, healthy baby boy....so be encouraged that your little boy is being looked after:) i hope you don't have to do bedrest, but know that if you do we'll come keep you company:)