Late last week I started having a slight pain in my hip. I told my doctor about it, knowing it was probably just the loosening of tendons, ligaments, and extra weight that my body isn't used to. He agreed. This past weekend the pain got worse. It is quite embarrassing because I limp around like an old lady, pulling my leg around to try to find a comfortable position to walk in. Sometimes I can't even walk. I went to the doctor today and told him what was going on (I really didn't think it was sciatica because I know someone from work who had it and I was sure my pain wasn't as bad as hers) but he is completely convinced that I have sciatica. The trigger action that gave it away? I can hardly stand after washing the bottom of my feet in the shower. I feel like someone is taking a steak knife and stabbing it into my backside. Sciatica is when the vertebral column moves out of its normal position (usually due to out-of-place vertebral disks, however in pregnancy it is usually due to the lower back muscles relaxing and shifting the vertebral column) putting pressure on a nerve root that runs to the sciatic nerve. Bottom line-I am in a little pain, but it is sooo WORTH it. I just wish my vertebral column would stay off of my nerve!!
Sad news-I started working at school yesterday. Boooo! Thankfully my mom came to help me and we got everything put away in one of the rooms I will be teaching in. All I need to do now is finish up on getting myself mentally prepared for the first day. It might just take every second of the week of summer I have left to do that!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



2 comments:
I like how you didn't think your pain was as bad as mine, but then described it as "a knife stabbing you!" I totally feel for you! The only thing that helped me was the ugly maternity belt--it helped hold up the extra weight and keep it off the nerve. Hope the baby boy moves soon!!
Jenn, I have a wonderful Massage Therapist I see all the time (esp. when I was pregnant) if you want her number let me know....she can work wonders to make pregnancy more enjoyable:) katie
Post a Comment