We made it through the critical time! My doctor told me that if incompetent cervix was going to be a problem it would be from week 18 to week 24. I am 24 weeks today and had an appointment this afternoon and the measurements are still over 3 cm. I was a little nervous when they had a student do the ultrasound today. She started taking measurements and they were in the low 2's. (I was thinking "geez, ironic because a friend from work and I were joking about how with my luck I'd be put on bedrest a week after school started.) Luckily, she was measuring the wrong thing altogether and I am SO excited! I'm happy that all the walking and standing that going back to work requires isn't causing any problems! (yet, although hopefully they never will!)
Please pray that we don't have to deal with preterm labor. I am having nightmares about it and even though we are pretty much in the clear for incompetent cervix, now we have to deal with the threat of preterm labor. I try to sit as much as possible at work, but if you know anything about teaching, it isn't a profession that allows much time for resting.
I absolutely love being pregnant with a baby boy and I can't wait to meet him! (Although I'm pretty sure he's becoming very familiar with all of the organs he's having fun kicking!) It is so crazy how God knows exactly what Joe and I needed and has blessed us with this baby boy.
One last thing-the furniture store called and said our furniture should be in within the next week! I can't wait to get it and put the room together! I'll post pictures as soon as we get everything put together!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



1 comments:
That is great! I can't believe you only have 3 1/2 months to go!
Post a Comment