Saturday, December 6, 2008

Life's Little Miracles

Sorry this is a really sappy and may seem silly post, but this one is more for me to look back on in the future.

Last night my mom was here like always helping me and my dad joined up like always for dinner. Joe ate with us, too! (the paper is FINALLY turned in people!) We had one of my favorites-my mom's meatloaf! After we finished eating, Joe locked himself in the office for his last round of editing and my mom, dad, and I watched "The Family Man." I spent the whole movie fighting off tears for many reasons.

1. Our Christmas tree (which now rotates so I can see all of my ornaments-thanks, mom) was the only thing lighting the room. I love Christmastime and this year more than ever I feel nothing but pure joy and peace.

2. Friday night movie are my favorite-especially with family. Even if it is just Joe and me, I love to curl up on the couch. It helped last night that "The Family Man" is one of my favorites.

3. My parents and Joe were here with me. It is amazing to have the people you love the most and the people that love you the most in one house. I think that is why I love this season the most. My mom and dad have helped me so much since Nathan was born and Joe has been busy with school. It is amazing to have my mom here to support me each day. Not to mention do ALL of Nathan's laundry since I can't do stairs yet, cook, and decorate my house. She blesses my life more everyday and I am so glad that we are in St. Louis so we can spend this time together.

4. Nathan. I am amazed everytime I look at him. Why do I deserve such a beautiful and sweet little boy? God is good, that is the only answer I can find.

God's miracles in my life overwhelm me. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I'm going to enjoy each day to the fullest, because I can never get that day back. (as my mom always tells me)

0 comments: