Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nathan's First Christmas Celebration!

We had our first Christmas celebration on Sunday afternoon. When I was little my parents lived in Crestwood. My whole family lives in northeastern Oklahoma, so growing up I had no family in St. Louis. My parents became really great friends with the neighbors across the street, Elmer and Dorothy Smith. They had a daughter about my parents age, her name is Georgiann. Dorothy and Elmer were my "godparents" (we aren't Catholic obviously, so they weren't really godparents, more like my "St. Louis grandparents"). They babysat me, I would go visit them on the weekends, we had dessert together every Sunday evening, we celebrated holidays together- including Christmas. Elmer passed away in January of my senior year of high school and Dorothy passed away in July between my sophomore and junior year of college. Their daughter Georgiann is still like family to us, so we celebrate Christmas with her! (sorry for the long story). On Sunday we went to her condo and exchanged gifts and had a wonderful lunch. Nathan got a picture frame that has a spot for a picture of each month of life for the first year of life, a baby's first Christmas ornament (two blue shoes tied together), pee pee teepees (ha!), and these cute pjs below. This is a picture of the pjs from the back. Aren't they cute? They are like the "old-time" ones where the bottom buttons up! I love them and can't wait to see Nathan in them!

0 comments: