Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crazy. Fun. Day.

Today was a crazy and fun day! After all of the crawling excitement this morning Nathan had an eventful afternoon, too! He took a pretty short early afternoon nap (usually it is at least 1 1/2 hours, but he only slept 45 minutes) and he was pretty tired at about 2:45 so I tried putting him down again. We have been doing the "Ferber Method" to get Nathan to go down better, so I put him down and left. 7 minutes later he was still crying (no, I'm not THAT obsessed with clock watching, that is part of the "Ferber Method") so I went in to check on him. I peeked in and he was on his knees holding onto the side of his crib! He pulled himself up to his knees! I couldn't believe it! He's been trying to do it for a while, but he finally did. Needless to say, my dad came over this evening to put Nathan's matress down to the next level, but we went ahead and put it all the way down to the bottom level since he seems to be making quick progress on the mobility front.

The Muellers and Hickenbottoms came over this afternoon and we all went swimming at our neighborhood pool. It was so much fun! I had never been before, so now that I know how the whole thing works AND I have my pool pass, I think Nathan and I will be spending more time there! (after the extreme heat/sun of the day of course!)

Today was very eventful and Nathan and I had so much fun crawling around on the floor and playing with toys. Oh how I really don't want August to come.

1 comments:

The Adams said...

I can't believe he is crawling!! Crazy!