Thursday, July 16, 2009

Updates, Updates, Updates!

There are a lot of Nathan updates and firsts that I haven't posted about and pictures that I haven't uploaded for things I've already posted about because I have been way too busy having SO much fun with Nathan! I love summer! :)

Every other week Joe, Nathan, and I get together for dinner with a few of my friends from high school and their families. A few weeks ago we had everyone to our house and my friend Rich brought his daugher Anna. While everyone was finishing up dinner, I took Nathan and Anna on a walk in Nathan's new wagon. Isn't Anna SO cute?
Nathan and Anna trying out Nathan's new pool.
Nathan on the 4th of July. (My mom bought him the headband-ha!) I'm sure Nathan will kill me for taking this pictures in about 12 years.
His shirt says "Mr. Firecracker"
Nathan wrestling with "Chim Chim." Chim Chim is a monkey that my friend Ali, from California, bought for me to use in my classroom as a farewell gift when we left California. (Long story) We both have one, but since I don't have a classroom anymore, I thought I'd donate Chim Chim to Nathan's collection of stuff animals. You can see that Nathan REALLY likes him!

Last Thursday Nathan learned to pull himself up to his knees. Last Sunday I finally pulled out his activity table. He played with it for over an hour straight. He spent 30 of those minutes standing up, leaning against the table playing with it. We had a lot of fun!

I took the legs off of the table on Monday so Nathan could play with the top of the table on the floor for a little while. Of course he chose to play with the legs of the table instead of the top! Ha!
Nathan on Tuesday. He wore his All Star Game shirt all day and spit up on it several times so by game time he decided to wear his Pujols t-shirt (thanks, Papa!)
Cheering for the National League!

Nathan's first bath without the baby tub. He had so much fun playing with his toys. My friend Laura had a really cute Elmo mat to put in the tub so I bought one when we got back. Nathan spent about 5 minutes trying to pick the Elmos and fish up off of the mat. It was very entertaining.

Other firsts-he has started taking his bottle out of his mouth and putting it back in (or throwing it, depending on his mood :)), clapping his hands in response to us clapping, saying "b" sounds likes "baaa", and my personal FAVORITE-picking things up off of the floor and putting them in his mouth. Yesterday I was doing laundry and I look down and he had a HUGE piece of yellow fuzz from his bath rug in his mouth. (great.)

Yesterday my friend Ali (from California) arrived and today we are dropping Nathan off at the babysitters today so he can spend some time with her before he starts going weekly in August, but also so that Ali and I can do "girl stuff." We have pedicures at 10, then lunch, then shopping. I'm excited!

0 comments: