It is hard to believe that Will is already one month old! The funny thing is, if I think about it, it feels like he has been here forever...like I can't imagine what our family was like without him. He is such a sweet baby. At one month Will:
- Can lift his head pretty well (he did tummy time for about 15 minutes last night!)
- Eats every 3 hours during the day. He cluster feeds at night, meaning he wants to eat for about an hour straight. This is awesome because he sleeps so much longer at night!
- Is awake in the mornings for about an hour and then in the afternoon around 3 or 4 and then again from bout 8:30 or 9:00-11 or 11:30 every night. He is awake here and there throughout the day, but these are the times that he is consistently awake. The late night times are my favorite because it is just the two of us and we talk about a lot of fun things. We discuss things like what he dreams about all day, what he wants to be when he grows up, and most importantly, which sport he wants to play when he goes to Baylor in about 18 years! :)
- Sleeps great! When we go to bed, he sleeps anywhere from 4.5-5.5 hours before waking up. Then he feeds (which only takes 35-45 minutes) and goes back to sleep (immediately) for 3-4 more hours. This means I am getting almost 8 hours a night. This has been going on this whole week, so I hope it keeps up! Also, it only takes him 35-45 minutes to eat in the middle of the night (like I already mentioned). Nathan took at least an hour to eat. He also took forever to get back to sleep after a feeding. Will usually falls asleep toward the end of the feeding, so I don't have to rock him back to sleep!
- Likes to sleep on his tummy when someone is holding him. He usually falls asleep on my chest while watching TV or while I am burping him. It is so sweet.
- He loves his bassinet. We are convinced it is because it is more enclosed than the crib or pack-n-play AND it is warmer because it is smaller. I tried to have him sleep in the pack-n-play at my parents' house because I sleep in the basement there and we didn't want to have to carry the bassinet up and down the stairs, but he wouldn't sleep in it!
- Loves to cuddle. He loves to be held. If we put him down, a lot of the time he will whine or cry until we pick him up or cover him with a blanket to make him feel more enclosed. It works out okay because I love to cuddle with him, too!
- Had his newborn pictures taken! My friend Roxana (Roxana Perdue Photography) came to our house on Saturday to take Will's picture. I can't wait to see them-I know they are going to be amazing!
- Gets along well with his brother. :) Nathan acts like he doesn't exist, then all of the sudden Will will cry and Nathan will say "don't cry Brother William!" (love that he calls him Brother William!) If Will is crying, Nathan will walk over to the bassinet and put the pacifier in his mouth. It isn't always the most gentle of acts, but he tries, and it is so sweet. Last night he was giving Will a kiss and he kissed his head, tummy, and feet. (On a side note, watching them be siblings is going to be the best part of this whole experience. As an only child, I always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling and I know I will enjoy to watch their relationship grow and see how the interact...even if it includes a few fights now and then!)
- Had his first Parents as Teachers visit. He did great! He stayed awake and loved Stephanie.
- Has been to the Magic House twice to watch his brother play.
- Spends every Friday with Mommy and Daddy while brother is at the babysitter. I will never forget the Fridays of my maternity leave. Joe and I have spent the Fridays together running errands and hanging out at home (even though he is supposed to be doing homework!). It gives us time together since he is gone all week and it gives us time to devote attention to Will. Nathan still gets lots of attention and has fun all day because he loves his babysitter and his friend Audrey is there, too. It is impossible to give Will a lot of attention while Nathan is home because...well, he's 2. Enough said.
- Hates baths, as most one month olds do!
- Does not poop at night. Normally I would NOT talk about this on the blog (sorry, Joe!) but this is a huge deal to me! I remember with Nathan I would change his wet diaper and he would poop two times while I was rocking him back to sleep. I would then have to start over with trying to get him to sleep after each time he'd poop. It is so funny because Will poops all day long and then once we go to bed, there are no dirty diapers until late morning!



0 comments:
Post a Comment