Joe's mom arrived last Sunday to spend the week with us. I was SO thankful for her visit for SO many reasons. For one, I didn't have to leave our house for a whole week! Two, she finally got to meet William. Three, she helped me a lot with the laundry! :) The list goes on and on.
She arrived on Sunday and we went to Liam's birthday party. It was a lot of fun and Nathan did NOT want to come inside. He has cabin fever badly! Noah, Liam's brother, and Nathan helped Liam open his birthday presents. (Two year olds definitely enjoy opening gifts a lot more than a one year old!)
Monday we went to the Museum of Transportation and Nathan played in the Creation Station area. He really enjoyed it and it was something different from the Magic House. The play time there only lasts an hour, but that was fine because we did a Walmart run! My goal was to not have to shop at Walmart while she was there, but it seems like ever since Will came, I am constantly finding things that I forgot to get when I went to the store last. We got last minute ingredients for dinner and some other stuff and spent the rest of the day at home. A miracle-Nathan fell asleep in his bed for a nap without a fight! I laid with him for about 5 minutes and he was out! He did it 3 times while she was here! It beats having to drive him around the neighborhood until he falls asleep like I used to do.
Tuesday we went to the Magic House. After the Magic House I dropped Nana and Nathan off at our house and then Will and I went to my 6 week appointment. I have clearance to start working out again. I can't wait until it is a little warmer and I can take Will with me on walks. This summer I will have to figure out how we can go running...I don't really think I can take a double jogging stroller running with me. The single was pretty hard as it was! I might have to go after the kids are in bed or something. Tuesday afternoon we just played in the basement and made pizza for dinner. We really enjoyed our evening together!
Wednesday we stayed home all day and it was WONDERFUL! The only exception was we went to Ted Drewes, a must when Nana is in town! It was also her wedding anniversary and since Grandpa wasn't here to celebrate with her, the boys and I took her. Nathan enjoyed his "ice cream."
Thursday we didn't do much. We ran to Walmart to check on some stuff for Nana and then to Penney's to buy a baby gift. We had lunch at McAlister's (our only meal out!) and we survived! We went home, cooked, and then dropped a meal off to a friend who just had a baby. Our babies are five weeks apart, and we actually go back to work on the same day. The poor people we work with are going to have to deal with two crying, lactating women when we get back-ha! We went to my parents' house for dinner that night. We had an amazing meal-brisket, twice-baked potatoes, salad, and carrots. Joe got home around 9:30 and we visited for a little while.
Friday morning we got up, packed everything into the car and headed to breakfast at the Original Pancake House. If you haven't been there, you NEED to go. It was amazing! I got the apple pancake, which was so yummy. After breakfast, one of the workers was making freshly squeezed orange juice, so Joe took Nathan over to watch. Our waiter saw that Nathan was so interested in the whole process, so he went over and took a little juice out of the machine for Nathan to try. Nathan was so excited! And just before we left, Will gave Nana a parting gift-HE SMILED at her and me! It was his first smile and I am so thankful it was while she was here. She was even holding him! He was 7 weeks old to the day. Nathan was 6 weeks, 5 days old when he smiled at me as I was leaving to return to work for the first time after my maternity leave.
We can't wait to see Nana again in June for Joe's graduation! Grandpa will finally get to meet Will then, too, so it was definitely be a fun trip. Thanks for coming, Nana!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment