Nathan has said some pretty funny things lately. So many, in fact, that I am sure I can't ever list them all on here. Since I have finally decided that I will someday, hopefully make a blog book (thanks, Mandy K...) I really want to try to document these things that make us laugh!
Last Sunday when the boys and I went to pick Joe's mom up at the airport, the security lady decided she needed to inspect my car. It was quite funny. Here I am in a line of cars. She lets the five cars ahead of me go...all of which were occupied by one person each. My car? Me and two small children. Sorry-tangent. Anyway, the lady opens the door behind me (which is where William's car seat is) and Nathan said "hi" and then threw his arm up as if to cover up William and said "That is my brother William!" like he was going to protect him. It was really cute!
His new thing is that whenever William fusses, he immediately runs over and says "don't cry brother William!" He then usually follows it with "I will get the sassifier (passifier)" or he runs and gets a burp cloth. It is priceless!
Today I went into Nathan's room to see what he was doing (it got very quiet-we all know what that means!) and I sat on his bed. He looked over at me and said "don't sit on my new bed, you will break it!" (I think I need to have the don't-say-anything-about-a-woman's-weight talk with him soon!)
Last night with the bad weather, we were talking about the wind. We got Nathan into the basement and turned on the TV. He looked at my mom and said "we have to open the door to see the 'windy thing'." We never mentioned a tornado, but for some reason he knew to call a tornado a windy thing. We forgot to open the door last night after the storm passed to show him, but he remembered today. My mom took him downstairs to open the door, but there was no windy thing! (thankfully!)
Nathan LOVES play-doh right now. He walks around saying "there's my Mr. Potato" or "can I play with my Mr. Potato, please?" Roxana gave Nathan a Mr. Potato Head for his birthday...I guess he's somehow getting them mixed up? Tonight we talked about it and I taught him to say play-doh. Immediately after our discussion he said "I like my Mr. Potato." I looked at him kind of funny and then he grinned and just laughed. That little turkey!
He had a fever last night and today (luckily it broke this evening!) and he kept telling us today "I don't feel good" and "I'm cold." It amazes me that he even has the frame of reference to know how to describe those feelings to us!
When he wants something he always prefaces it with "how about..." For instance, "how about cookies?" "How about the black vacuum?" (those of you who know him well are probably laughing out loud...) "How about milk?" It's pretty funny.
"I need..." This is the same as "how about."
"It's beautiful." Referring to the snow falling, since he has plenty of opportunities this winter to see snow fall!
When Joe leaves for Chicago he tells him "Bye, have a safe trip!" Also, when saying goodbye to anyone, he usually says "bye-bye, have a good day!" He used to add "Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas" to each farewell, too!
He calls us by our first names, and it is hilarious. In the morning, he stands at the top of the stairs (at my parents' house) and shouts to me in the basement. He says "Jennifer, are you up, yet?!" This morning my mom had a visitor so he had to stay in the basement with me and he wasn't happy. He kept saying "I want to go see Kathy upstairs!" (My mom's name is Kathy.)
Some other Nathanisms...
"Dad=o"=Daddy. (He combined Joe and Daddy to get Dad-o. Joe so graciously taught Nathan to call me Mom-o, which has evolved into Momm-os. Goofy kid.)
"witz"=spray bottle
"weer-weer" (from last summer)=weed eater
"oh-wow" =vacuum (he's obsessed if you didn't know-ha!)
"the mess"=dustbuster
"eenie"=air conditioner (this is from last spring/summer. another major obsession) it has now changed to "itioner"
"nini"=sandwich
"pancake"=peanut butter sandwich on sandwich thins
"towel paper"=paper towel
"chocolate"=brown
"finguns"=fingers
"rub your back"=he says this when he wants us to rub his back at bed time
"rub your back song"=the song we sing him while we rub his back at bed time
"Brother William"=he only calls Will "Brother William" this started before Will was born and we were trying to teach him Will's name. (Nathan was the only person who knew Will's name ahead of time! He even said it in front of a few people, but they didn't notice!)
"Fruit Snacks"=Toy Story (He had never seen Toy Story nor had we ever talked about it until he had some Toy Story fruit snacks. Now whenever he sees anything that has to do with Toy Story he calls it "fruit snacks."
"hicago"=Chicago
That's all I can think of off of the top of my head! Nathan sure does make me laugh. I can only imagine what it will be like when Will starts talking!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment