Last Saturday Parents as Teachers had a vehicle day for kids to look at and sit in all different types of vehicles. There was a tractor, UPS truck, motorcycle, police car, fire truck, ambulance, bulldozer, crane, backhoe, buggy (the kind a horse would pull), 18-wheeler truck, and many more. Nathan was in heaven! I debated whether or not to even get out of the car because I was by myself, it was raining, and pretty cold. I was worried Will would get cold because I didn't really dress us appropriately...oops! Both boys did great and Nathan didn't really mind that we hurried from vehicle to vehicle. He was great about waiting his turn and then leaving each vehicle so that another kid could take a turn. He LOVED "driving" each of them and I think his favorite might have been honking the horn on the motorcycle. I'm pretty sure Will and I both lost some hearing from that station! :)
One of the EMT guys that was standing by the ambulance and who gave Nathan his fireman's hat was the same guy who came to our school the previous Thursday. I had a student who passed out after our squid dissection and we had to call the ambulance to come get her. The EMT at the vehicle day happened to be one of the guys who came to pick her up-awesome. He even remembered me!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment