I am FINALLY D-O-N-E with my masters program! Now I can get caught up on blogging! :)
Last month, on his 3-month birthday, Will woke up in the middle of his nap cry and screaming inconsolably. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked. I finally called the ped and he said to bring him in. I got everyone loaded up and half way there, Will stopped crying. I called them back to see if I should still bring him in and they said yes. We got there and the crying and screaming started up again. Poor Nathan felt so bad for "Brother William" and kept asking about him! While we were talking with the doctor the nurse's assistant, Amy, took Nathan on a walk, which was awesome because I didn't have to chase Nathan around. The doctor thought it might be something called...well, honestly, I have no clue how to spell it...it is something where the intestines fold back over themselves (think telescope). Anyway, he sent us to Cardinal Glennon for x-rays and an ultrasound, which we never got that night. Poor Will screamed his head off for two hours, and they made us sit there and wait! It was so frustrating. They sent us home with a prescription for an ear infection...the next two nights it was the same story. I was up all night with him. He just couldn't get comfortable. I took him back in on Saturday (two days later) and the ped sent us back to Cardinal Glennon. They did x-rays this time and nothing seemed to be wrong. The doctor thought he might just be sick or something. In the end we think it might have been really bad gas. Lots of crying=lots of swallowing air=lots of painful gas. I promise you it wasn't just a fussy baby. It was so sad, I cried several times, not to mention I had "milk" issues...A LOT!
The next day we went to Walmart to get a few things, including medicines to try to help Will feel better. While we were there, I saw a sign and set-up for Fredbird. He was visiting, so we got in line and were one of the first people to get to see him. Nathan loved it and he even got a cupcake!



0 comments:
Post a Comment