Sunday, September 23, 2012

Baylor Alumni Day at the Edward Jones Dome

As I mentioned before, I helped the group sales guy at the Rams put together the Baylor Alumni Day at the Edward Jones Dome.  He was nice enough to get Joe and me onto the field before the game.  It was AMAZING!  We were seriously 10 feet at times away from players!  Even though you would think that we would have immediately run down to the Rams side of the field, we stuck to the Redskins side of the field to watch this guy throw for a while:



RGIII!!!!
 
It was awesome.  No other word describes it. He was warming up with the receivers for about 30 minutes and we got to watch the whole thing.  Joe wore his Baylor jersey and about 10 minutes into us standing there, one of the coaches ran over to him and obviously told him someone was standing on the sidelines wearing his jersey because he kind of threw his head back and laughed a little.  He then started looking over at the sidelines between throws.  Finally, I waved a little and he waved back!  Starstruck describes that feeling.

Then after RGIII ran off the field, we decided to go down to see if we could see Terrance Ganaway.  Turns out, since his is the third string running back he didn't dress, so he was the only one left on the field.  As he started to walk off the field, I waved to him.  He looked confused.   I waved again.  Still confused. I wave again.  He looks behind himself as if we are waving at someone behind him.  I told him "no!  we are waving at  you!"  He saw us wearing Baylor gear and came and shook our hands. He had to go to a meeting but gave us a "sic 'em bears!" as he was walking off! 

On the field
Then we headed up to the Bud Light Party Zone to set up for the Baylor Alumni pregame event.  We had a drawing for two Jason Smith (no longer plays for the Rams but is a Baylor Alumni) helmets and just stood around and talked.  The coolest thing about the whole pregame event was running into one of my Theta sisters who pledged her junior year/my senior year.  She is a lawyer and her husband analyzes college sports stats, so I think we will have them over soon so Joe can analyze stats with her husband-ha!
Alumni that showed up pregame
Sic 'Em!  (Two random guys...don't know where they came from.)
Baylor Alumni at halftime.  Random fact:  The guy in the back row, second person in from the left is John Knicely, the 6:00 news anchor from Channel 4 here in St. Louis.  That whole group of guys got together a lot over the past few years to watch games and hopefully we will all start getting together to watch lots of football and basketball games!

and again...

RGIII!!

Leading the huddle

Leading the play-Baylor Proud!

0 comments: