Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Operation Baby Preparation

I think Joe and I both felt like we were on a mission while he was home! We spent the entire (almost) three weeks working to get the house ready for the baby. We started off with a list of about 40 things to do. We would do one and then add three things to it! It was crazy. I'm sure by the time break was over we did about 100 different chores off of our list. We did everything from going through a big box of extra hangers and taking them to the dry cleaners to get rid of them, to raising the crib, to fixing the baby swing that wasn't working, to gluing ribbon on a bulletin board for Nathan's room. I finally feel prepared to have the baby, I just hope he waits at least another week and a half...we shall see!

Nathan's room
Joe painted this shelf! I bought it at Michael's and he primed and painted it. I think he did a great job!

Baby Keillor's Room (I know, I know, looks familiar, huh?! It's the same as Nathan's nursery!)
I went to the doctor on December 22nd to find out that my amniotic fluid was low. I was skeptical because the doctor on duty that day was the same doctor that gave us the Trisomy-21 scare in September. I now have to get monitored now twice a week to check on my fluid levels. When I went last Tuesday the nurse told me that my fluid was 6 cm (10-20 is normal) when I went in on the 22nd, but by then it was 10.0 or something like that. Last Thursday it was it was 9.5 and yesterday it was 8.0. It really fluctuates based on the amount of fluid that I drink, so I guess I just need to drink LOTS and LOTS of water. I go every Tuesday and Friday and go to the doctor's office on Tuesdays after my monitoring appointment. Thank goodness there are only a few weeks left! I like St. John's but not THAT much!! :)

0 comments: