Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today

Today we had a "snow" day! Nathan got up with Mimi and made muffins for breakfast. Then, after I got up and got ready, we played with "noodles." He learned how to sort the pasta by color (I used Wacky Mac since our parents as teachers teacher told us about it). After that, Mimi worked on letters. Nathan can now identify three letters-R is for Robert, W is for William, and N is for Nathan. He also learned the color white today. He has all of his basic colors now besides purple and brown. This afternoon after his nap (which took an hour to actually settle down enough to go to sleep!) he went outside to help Mimi shovel the driveway. Luckily it was a light, powdery snow so it wasn't too heavy for shoveling. (Thanks, mom for shoveling our driveway!! AND-thanks dad for putting down the salt!!) He had a very productive day! Oh, and we made snow ice cream for dessert tonight after dinner, but that will get its own post! Happy not-really-snow-day-because-I'm-on-maternity-leave-day to me! :)


Will had a productive day, too! He actually had his eyes open for more than 20 minutes!! (I'm also super excited about this little jacket he is wearing. I have been looking for one at Carter's for quite a while, but they either didn't have his size or they were too expensive. My mom and I went to Penney's yesterday and found it for only $2.50ish!)
A little tummy time
Any hair stylists out there? Look at these cowlicks!! Any ideas on how we are going to style this boy's hair? Nathan has bad cowlicks, but William definitely has him beat. He has a natural mohawk!
Looking around
A closer look at my favorite almost-two-week old!
Nathan before he went out to help my mom shovel snow. Please note that the boots are on the wrong feet AND that he is looking at the camera with a smile on his face. He used to refuse to look at the camera and would NEVER smile, but he now smiles and looks at me. I LOVE it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are adorable. William is so cute and Nathan is getting so big!! I love that he smiles at the camera now.