Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Ice Cream!!

This evening we made snow ice cream for dessert. While my mom was shoveling snow, I asked her to get us some (non-yellow) snow to make our ice cream with. She got us a big bowl full and after dinner we got the rest of the ingredients together. I found a few recipes online, but didn't have sweetened condensed milk to try one of them, so we used milk, sugar, and vanilla. Has anyone tried using sweetened condensed milk while making it? Which recipe is better?! I'm interested because this is definitely going to be a new tradition for us!

All of his ingredients (notice the smiling-at-the-camera thing I was talking about before)
Nathan with his ice cream
He had more on his shirt than in his mouth. Here within lies our problem. He can't seem to eat from a spoon without flipping it upside down.
Enjoying his ice cream. At this point he is using my mom's spoon. (Notice the difference between the spoon in this picture and the previous one.) After this picture he turned to my mom and said "here you go, Mimi" and handed her her spoon back. Then he proceeded to do this:
he
is
hisfather's
child!!
This kid cracks me up!! (I know I say that a lot! :))

p.s. Please excuse the curtains that are halfway hanging in the background of these pictures. We are in the (very long and painful) process of finding curtains for the kitchen. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun fun fun!! We've never done that but I keep meaning to!