On Friday Joe and I celebrated 5 years of marriage. What we have found out over the last three anniversaries is that you never really get to celebrate your anniversary when and how you would ideally do it once you have kids! Joe wanted to celebrate as a family on Friday (thus, the trip to the zoo) and then we went out last night just the two of us...plus a two-month old! Lauren (I used to babysit her when she was little!) came over to hang out with Nathan while Joe and I went to dinner. We went to a really nice restaurant in Clayton and then went to a frozen yogurt place for dessert called Chill. I have been bugging Joe to take me to a similar store in West County Mall and it just so happened this place was the same type of deal (he made plans to go there without even knowing that!). You go in and the place has about 10 different types of frozen yogurt and 5 different types on the wall and you put as much or as little as you want in your cup. Then, you get to go and put your own toppings on, as much or as little as you want! I was in heaven. After you are done creating your masterpiece, you weigh it and pay according to how many ounces you have. I got the dark chocolate/mint swirl yogurt with oreos, mint chocolate pieces, and chocolate pieces. Joe got cake batter yogurt with oreos, butterfinger, peanut butter cups (because I asked him to), milk chocolate shavings, sprinkles, m&m's, and more things that I can't remember. It was so yummy and I know we will be spending time there this summer!
After dessert, we went to the mall to try to find Joe some shoes and to see if we could find the boys Easter outfits. We didn't find anything, but we really enjoyed walking around the mall together and talking. It was the perfect way to celebrate five years together!
The only pictures I got from the night were of Will. The best part about the pictures-they are the first evidence that this sweet little boy can smile big!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment