Sunday night Joe and I took Nathan to Costco. We walked down the aisle that had the summer toys. We saw a Toy Story bike and Nathan wanted it SOOOO badly. Joe asked about it because there wasn't a price and it turned out it was the last one and was broken (go figure!). We told Nathan that if he was good over the next three days while it was just me and the boys, he could have a bike. I went to Target yesterday to see if they had a Toy Story bike (because seriously, it is all the kid talked about and is still talking about after we left Costco!), but all they had was Cars. I did find out that Walmart sells them online. I ordered one and am having it sent to the store for free! Hopefully I will be able to pick it up soon. It is really funny though. Every time Nathan does something good, he says "I did __________, I get the Toy Story bike!" For instance, yesterday as we were leaving the babysitter's he said "I didn't throw anything at Lydia's today, I get a Toy Story bike!" Wouldn't that be great if it were only that simple-ha!
Today I took Nathan to pick up a bike helmet so that he knows it really is coming. I keep having to remind him to make good choices so that he can have the bike. I don't want him to think I'm just telling him he'll get a bike and that it will never come. He picked out a black and red helmet and wanted to wear it tonight while he played with his cozy coupe car.And finally, Nathan will NOT let me read him books this week! He wants to read them, which is so cute. Tonight I put Will into bed with Nathan so that he could read Will his favorite book Big Bulldozer. It looked like Will was really watching Nathan read the book. I can't wait until Nathan can actually read to Will! I love that they have each other!!!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment