Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monkey Joe's

Today started out interesting. Will was great last night and went to bed at 10:40. I was so excited to go to bed so "early" but as soon as I dozed off (at around 11), Nathan woke up calling for me. I went in and laid with him for a little bit. Everybody slept all night (thankfully!) but Will woke up at 5:25. I tried to feed him and keep him quiet but he cried once and woke Nathan up. So, we were all up and dressed by 6:05.

Since I am alone for these three days (Joe is in Chicago and my parents are still on a cruise), Joe and I asked Lauren, the girl who babysits Nathan when we need a sitter on the weekend, to come over to help out for a few hours today and tomorrow. We decided to take Nathan to Monkey Joe's to get him out of the house. He LOVED it! He tried climbing up one to one of the bigger slides, but lost his footing and fell. It was really funny because everyone after him also fell and slid down with him. After that, he thought it was so fun, everytime he tried to go up to that slide, he would get half way up and just slide down again. We quickly moved him away from that area! :) Later he went up the "stairs" to another big slide and made it to the top without a problem. He went down the really fast and steep slide. (I was shocked!) At the bottom I realized he was really scared, but he wanted to go back up. He went back up, but sat up there for about 3 or 4 minutes and was too scared to come down. The nice worker went up and came down with him. After that he had a smile on his face, so he went back up, but was too scared again to come back down. Another kid came down the slide and told Lauren "he's waiting for his mom up there!" Great. Up the worker goes to bring him back down. Again, we moved him away from that area and spent the rest of the time in the toddler area!

I am so thankful for Lauren! We ate at Bread Co. after that and then came home and Nathan took a nap. We had such a great time with Lauren!

the toddler slide-more his size!

Love the smile. Love the cheeks. Love this boy!!!

0 comments: