Joe came home last Wednesday for good. It is amazing to have him home everyday. It is also amazing to not have to pack every week, to be able to work in my yard whenever I want, work on doing things in our house, sleep in my own bed, shower in my own shower, have access to all of my stuff and the boys' stuff whenever I want, and cook dinner in my own kitchen! Don't get me wrong, it was great to be able to spend extra time with my parents this year, but I really missed having MY family together. Plus, Joe hasn't spent more than 2 weeks in a row with Will his entire life, so it will be nice for Joe and him to bond more!
I started off Memorial Day weekend on Friday with the end of the school year! It seemed kind of crazy to me that the year was already over because I just got back about 7 weeks ago from maternity leave. I have to say, this was probably one of my favorite years. My students were awesome and I will really miss my anatomy kids next year. They were awesome!
After checking out, I picked up Joe, Will, and Nathan and we went to get MY NEW CAR!!! It is amazing, like really amazing! It is really nice because it has an extra row in it so we can fit our family plus guests (Joe's parents are coming next week and my friend Laura and her son are coming the following week) in one car. It also has the hands-free phone that I am in LOVE with! It is so nice to not have to hold my cell phone to my ear while driving, and definitely safer.
Saturday we went to my parents' place at Innsbrook for the Memorial Day party. It was a lot of fun. Nathan had fun on one ride that spins, then he also rode the barrels. We had grilled corn on the cob, hot dogs, pretzels, cotton candy, kettle corn and many other carbs I'm sure. :) After the party we went to my friend Meg's chalet so that they could cut the cake that would reveal if they were expecting a boy or a girl. It turns out they are having a girl and I couldn't be more excited for them. They have one daughter, Emory, and two boys. Two boys and two girls are perfect!! I can't wait until September to hold their precious baby girl!
Sunday we went to church and ran a bunch of errands to prepare for PT (military people-not PT as in the test-potty training!). We started potty training on Monday. He had 5 accidents within the first two hours. Then he went about 7 hours without an accident. He had about 3 more right before bed...I think probably because he was tired. Plus, we were working in the yard and I forgot to ask him and set the timer. (At least we were in the yard!) Tuesday we had 1 accident, Wednesday 4, Thursday 2, and today none so far. Yesterday there were about 7 or 8 times when I would turn around or walk into the room and he would be sitting on the toilet without my prompting. Then last night we were working in the yard and he would disappear for a few minutes. He usually leaves and gets into things in the garage. I went to go check on him and the door to the house was open. He was coming back out each time. (It happened about 3 times) One of the times he was coming back out complaining that his knee hurt. I looked down and he had skinned his knee. I asked him what happened. He explained, but I had to kind of put the pieces together. He was running inside to go to the bathroom but tripped and skinned his knee. He immediately got up and ran to go to the bathroom instead of crying or coming to get me. He went to the bathroom and then was going to come get me to get him a "band-adge" as he calls them. He's my tough guy!
Hopefully we will have potty training under control by the time we leave for Chicago next Friday and then we are DONE with Chicago for a while!!!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment