Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Date Saturday!

On Saturday we took advantage of no work, Air Force duties, or other activities to have a day doing fun stuff around St. Louis together.  We got up and ready to go to CityPark.  We wanted to get down there early since Will doesn't do too well in the heat.  Nathan and Will both had a great time in the pools and playing in the fountains.  We got there about 10:15 and were one of the first families there.  It was nice because it wasn't very crowded and the temperature was still below 100!  We even got to enjoy it before the short thunderstorm that came through!  I bought Nathan some goggles late last week, so he wanted to test them out! 





Straight in the eye!

Had to get the arch in the background!
There were some girls who kept playing with this statue. Nathan finally got into the boat and started playing with his nose and messing with his jacket...
...then after he decided they weren't strangers anymore he figured he could sit in his lap! (I think he got the idea from the other girls who were in the boat first...he makes me laugh!)
After we left CityPark we tried to go to Crown Candy, but there was a long wait, so we decided to try another place because waiting in line to get a table didn't seem like the best idea with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 1/2 month old.  So, we headed to Ruby Tuesday.  After lunch, we went back, Nathan took a nap and then we went to Chesterfield Mall.  The Cheesecake Factory had 1/2 price cheesecake and one of my favorite stores was having a big sale.  Joe took Nathan to the play area so I could shop, we met at Cheesecake Factory to a quick snack and cheesecake and then headed to see Winnie the Pooh at the theater.  Nathan loved it and laughed through the whole thing.  I was concerned the people around us would eventually complain, but they were really nice.  Plus, they had little kids with them, too, so they understood.  Will, on the other hand, didn't enjoy the movie so much.  We had to leave about half way through and take a walk.  The parts I did see were super cute and I can't wait to be able to take both boys to see movies in a couple of years when Will is Nathan's age! 
Joe took Nathan to the carousel while I shopped.  He got these pictures all on his own!  I was impressed. :)


Saturday was one of the best days we've ever had as a family!!  It is so great to have everyone back in St. Louis...FOR GOOD! :)

0 comments: