Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Vinegar

A couple of weeks ago our babysitter told me that when her kids say not-so-nice things that she swabs their mouth with vinegar.  Depending on the severity of the "lack of nice-ness" she gives the kids one, two, or three "swipes" across the tounge.  I thought this was a great idea to help Nathan remember that saying not-so-nice things is NOT okay.  So, I have had to do it once.  I guess it works, because it hasn't been a problem since!

Tonight I had it on the Democratic Convention before it actually started.  Nathan was sitting next to me doing a puzzle.  There were three people on the T.V.-a reporter, a democrat, and a republican.  The democrat and republican were arguing and the democrat said "stupid."  Nathan quickly said "Mommy!  He said a bad word!  Why did he say that bad word."  I explained that sometimes people will say bad words throughout his life but that doesn't mean that it is okay for him to say them, too.  We talked about it for a little bit and then he continued to work on his puzzle.  A few minutes later he looks up and says "Mommy, why did that man on T.V. say the 'S' word?"  (This, by the way, is how we operate lately-the same conversation about the same topic at least three or four times...anyone else do this?  It is SO much fun!!!!  Insert Sarcasm.)  We had a discussion about not saying bad words even though other people say them, etc., etc.  Then he said "Well, maybe the T.V. needs vinegar!"

Ha. 

0 comments: