Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Status of Nathan


Nothing is really new with Nathan except for the funny stuff he always says.   I saw on one of the blogs that I read that another mom looks back through her Facebook page and puts the status updates about what her son says and does up as a post.  Since my Facebook updates always seem to be about the funny things that Nathan says or does, here a few of my favorites:

The other night Joe tucked in Nathan and was talking to him before he fell asleep.  Nathan told Joe he wanted to get married someday, so Joe asked him if he wanted kids.  He said yes.  Joe asked him how many and Nathan said four. Joe asked him how many boys and girls he wanted.  Nathan replied "I don't know, God decides!"  Ha!

A couple of weeks ago at church, Nathan's class was playing with colored bowls (best description I can come up with).  A little girl was playing with a purple one, but another girl came and took it from her.  The little girl was upset that she lost her toy so she went over to her teacher to tell her she was sad about it.  The teacher was sitting next to Nathan who had the main stack of bowls.  The teacher told the little girl that she understood why she was upset and showed the little girl that Nathan had the rest of the bowls.  Nathan dug through his stack and found the purple one and gave it to the little girl.  The teacher told Nathan how proud she was of him for sharing so well and Nathan turned to her and said "Ok, thanks!  Will you go tell my Mom?"

About a month ago at Target, Nathan and I went through the dollar aisle. He looked down and saw a bubbles container that looked like a microphone and said "Mom, can I PLEASE have that microphone?" I told him no. He looked to the other side of the cart and saw a book. He said "Mom, can I PLEASE have that book?" I said "Nathan, you don't need that book, we have PLENTY at home!" He replied "You're right mom! We need a microphone instead!" Ahhh!!! :)

One night Nathan demanded that I feed him his dinner but figure since he is three he can do it
himself. Because he can't have dessert until he is done, he said "fine, I'm going back to Texas!"


Nathan's middle name means "he will laugh."  He definitely keeps us all laughing-including himself! :)

0 comments: