Wednesday, November 26, 2008

D-Day

Delivery Day that is. We are in the hospital and I am 3 cm dilated.

It all started Tuesday morning at school around 10:00 a.m. I started having random contractions, but didn't think anything of it. I went to the doctor at 2:30 p.m. and he said I was only 1 cm dilated. Then at about 10:00 p.m. last night the contractions started steadily staying at 10 minutes apart. By midnight they were 7 minutes apart, and by 2:00 a.m. they were 4-5 minutes apart. We waited until 3:45 a.m. to leave for the hospital. I called the doctor at 2:00 a.m. to let him know what was going on and to make sure what I was feeling could possibly be labor. (I wasn't sure-I've never been in labor before!) He said to wait an hour and if the contractions got stronger and closer together to go ahead and come in. We came in and they said I am in labor.

Luckily Joe went to bed at 6:30 p.m., so by the time I woke him up at 12:30 a.m., he was mostly rested! He hasn't been feeling very well, he doesn't normally go to bed that early. :)

I am so thankful I didn't have to be induced. So for now, we are watching Kicking & Screaming (one of our favorites, and once we got here we realized how appropriate it is!) and taking it one contraction at a time. We will keep you all posted!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Your going to get your little Turkey for Thanksgiving! How great Jenn I cant wait to meet him... Good Luck!