Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Progress and A Day Off

I went to the doctor's office today for a checkup. From now on I will be going each week. (I was so excited just a month ago about how the weekly visits were over, but the positive thing about having weekly visits again is that Baby Keillor is almost here!) The doctor checked me to see if I am dialating. i am not dialating yet, however my cervix is softening. He said that means I will not make it to my due date. (fine by me, this baby is predicted to be HUGE) I have an ultrasound tomorrow for measurements, so I will post more about the baby tomorrow, maybe even pictures if I can get around to it.

I didn't have school today because it was election day and the schools in my district do the polls for the area. (I guess having sexual predators vote in elementary schools while little children are present isn't really that great of an idea) I got up at 6:40 and went to vote. I waited an hour and was out shortly after. Joe told me all day yesterday not to go until 9:30. He has worked polls before and swore that the polls would be dead by then. I didn't listen, I just wanted to be done. He left at 9:00 to go vote, he was done by 9:30. I should have listened. My husband is so smart-I love him. :)

Today my mom and I spent the day running around doing baby stuff. We did a lot of returns and went to Babies "R" Us to really finish the registry. I am amazed at how generous everyone has been. We have everything that we need. Today we only had to buy small things like Butt Paste! :)

It is so great being back in St. Louis. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about being here. I have made amazing friends at my job and have been able to catch up with and become closer with so many of my friends from before I moved away. I love the seasons. I love driving around the city and reminiscing about when I was little or in high school, etc. Most of all, I LOVE being by my parents. There are a lot of things that stink about being an only child (i.e. not having anyone to blame my messes on besides dad, no aunts or uncles for your kids, etc.) but I have to say, I am SO grateful for my parents and how they made growing up so fun even without sibblings! Don't get me wrong, we definitely didn't get along in middle or high school as well as I would have liked (mom, I regret that part. :)) but they are truly two of my best friends. I love being able to run over to their house while my mom is gone for the day to keep my dad company. I love going over there to spend time with them while Joe is doing Reserves stuff one weekend a month. I love when they come over for dinner and hang out. It is so much fun to be back! I am very thankful that Joe was blessed with such a great scholarship to Wash U and that he really does like St. Louis a lot. I can't wait for my mom and dad to have the opportunity to watch their grandchildren grow up. They will make excellent grandparents. I know this because they have definitely proven themselves to be the best parents a girl could ask for. :)

1 comments:

Crystal Mueller said...

Oh, what a sweet blog about your parents! I hope they read that!
And... what do you mean no aunts or uncles for your baby? What about Uncle Greg and Aunt Crystal? I'm as close to a sister as your going to get, dear! So, from now on, it is Aunt Crystal. :-)