We are finally home, safe and sound. Nathaniel is adjusting wonderfully! We got up this morning about 6:15 because the anesthesiologist came in to talk to me. I had to have a procedure done since they went into my "spinal space" instead of my "epidural space" during the epidural. It created a hole and spinal fluid was leaking out through the hole. My neck muscles were completely tense, I had a migrane for two days, and felt nauseous pretty much all the time. Yesterday evening I couldn't take it anymore. They told me they were going to leave the catheter because it would lower the chances of me having a headache but it didn't work. They said they could do a blood patch, so I asked them last night to do it today before we left. They did it around 8:30 this morning and by 10:00 a.m. I was as good as new! I had to have the epidural performed again so they could do the blood patch, but it was well worth it. A stiff back is much better than a migrane!
The photographer came today to take pictures of Nathan before we left. They turned out so cute! I can't wait to get the CD! I will post the pictures when I get them back.
We had so many visitors-it was amazing! Meg, Bill and the family came to visit yesterday and brought Nathan an outfit that matches an outfit that Noah has! We are going to get the boys together really soon so they can wear their outfits and we can take lots of pictures. They are going to be great friends, we know it already! (Noah was born on Joe's birthday, so he's 3 months older than Nathan)
My parents came to the hospital today to help us get everything home. Meg came up from the NICU where she works to walk us out on her lunch break. It was so nice to see her a lot while we were at St. John's! We left the hospital and came straight home. My parents went by McAlister's to get lunch and met us at our house. When we got home the front of the house was completely decorated with "It's a Boy" and "Welcome Home Nathaniel!" stuff. My parents came over this morning to decorate. :) This afternoon we have been relaxing, watching football, setting back into the house, and getting ready for our postponed Thanksgiving that we will have tomorrow at lunch.
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment