
Joe and I would like to introduce our son, Nathaniel Isaac Keillor. Here are the facts about how today went:
4:00 a.m. we arrived at St. John's
7:05 a.m. my water broke (on its own!)
8:45 a.m. I received my epidural (I know, I know, but I did contractions for almost 24 hours before getting it. I was so exhausted by 8:45 a.m., I couldn't take it anymore!
10:00 a.m. they gave me pitosin (basically oxytocin hormone) to make my labor progress more
11:18 a.m. they increased my pitosin
11:36 a.m. they increased my epidural medicine
11:54 a.m. they checked me and I was fully dilated
12:44 p.m. I began pushing
12:57 p.m. Nathaniel was born
1:39 p.m. Nathaniel ate his first meal!
I didn't really get an epidural because they missed the epidural space and instead put the medicine in the area right around my spinal cord. I had immediate numbness (which was great) and couldn't even move my legs (which was kind of weird, I could touch my leg, but I couldn't feel my hand touching my leg! So weird!) So, I had to leave my epidural catheter in until tomorrow because it supposedly will lower the chances of me having a migrane (which happens frequently when they miss the epidural space and go too far)
Here are a few pictures. I know people want to see our little guy!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



3 comments:
YAY!!!!!
congrats!
what a wonderful thanksgiving gift :)
can't wait to meet him!
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!!!
Can't wait to come visit! Congrats! Thanks for posting so quick.
Post a Comment