It was a very sad day for me yesterday. I have been so careful to keep Nathan away from people's germs. (if we go out, I keep him covered up in his carseat to keep germs away from him) Yesterday he started coughing in the morning. By evening his cough was super raspy, he was sneezing, and his eyes were watering. It is really sad to watch him feel so bad! We finally had to pull out the mean ol' nasty blue bulb sucker (thanks for the suggestion mom). At first he gets a really funny look on his face, and then he starts screaming, I guess it must hurt. Joe jinxed us because the other day he was talking about how in our baby class they teach us how to use all of these "random" baby things and make you think you'll have use them all the time but you really don't. The example he used was the blue bulb sucker. Guess which object I am really glad they discussed in our baby class? The blue bulb sucker. It has helped him so much, even though I'm sure he disagrees. He breathes so much better afterwards.

Blue bulb sucker, only in white
I also got out the humidifier (thanks mom, again) and used it last night. I have heard they grow mold really badly and quickly-any ideas on how to keep it from happening so fast besides cleaning it 2 times a day?
Last night Nathan slept from 7:45 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. While I'm glad he slept so long without waking up, I know it is probably because he doesn't feel well and doesn't want to eat. (Who does feel like eating when they have a bad cold?) He went to sleep again at 3:45 and woke up at 8:00. Went to bed at 8:45 and slept until 11:00. Went to sleep at 1:00 and is still sleeping (it's 2:00). Here is what I found when I went to check on him at 11:00.

(I know I'm not supposed to put blankets in the bed with him, but the blanket started out wrapped around his waist and under the mattress of the bassinet. How it got over his head with his face sticking out it beyond me)
Random Question: Does anyone remember the temperature you are supposed to set your water heater on to keep from scalding a baby? I thought it was like 135 or something like that, but can't remember...



1 comments:
I dont know much about baby stuff yet, but I do know that I have Luke change our water heater a couple times a year, and I THINK there is just like low med and high, or hot warm and mild, but I might be wrong... Love ya!
Post a Comment