My favorite person to hear from when snow is falling is Craig Larson. I really like to hear from him in the evening and not at 5:00 a.m.! He called two days in a row, in the evening, to inform me that I did not have school Tuesday or Wednesday! That meant I got to stay home, in fleece p.j.'s, and hang out with Nathan! It was amazing!
Yesterday Joe didn't have class. Even though he spent the majority of the day studying, it was still fun to hang out with him while he took breaks. Nathan was a good boy and slept until 7:00! We got up at 7:00, and I cooked breakfast for us. Then Joe went to study and I hung out with Nathan on the couch and worked on school. Nathan would not let me put him down, but that was fine with me! I held him while he ate/slept (he spent the majority of the time eating) and I typed a powerpoint and test for school. Yesterday evening, I cooked dinner and then I begged and begged Joe to let me shovel. It is seriously one of my favorite things to do. Plus, I really haven't worked out simply because I am so tired and just don't feel like it, and it was a small cardio workout. By the time I finished though I had to go back over the entire driveway again because it was coming down so fast! Last night we listened to the Baylor basketball game on the internet. They lost, but there is nothing like sitting on the couch with Joe listening to Baylor games. I will never forget those times as long as I live. We went to bed at 10:30-very late for us these days!
Nathan slept great last night, and I would have gotten about 10 hours of sleep if I would have gone to bed when he did. He only woke up once, at 2:00, and then again at 7:45! It was amazing. I woke up on my own at 7:45 and got a little worried he hadn't cried yet. I looked at the monitor and he was just laying in his bed looking around and cooing. It was so cute! I got up while he was content and did a couple of things to get myself ready for the day since I knew he wouldn't let me get up from the couch very much. I fed him and started working on school. I finished a powerpoint, finished grading, posted grades, figured out which parents I need to email about grades/missing assignments, made a vocabulary list, created homework assignments, and re-did (is that even a word?!) my plan book since we had two days off. I also caught up with a bunch of friends today, which was great. Everyone is getting ready to have babies-all boys! My friend Annie went in tonight to start her induction, Crystal is due February 20th and Karen is due February 24th. It was fun to talk to them about how they are doing-I'm so excited for all of them!
Something really cool happened today. At about 11:00 I was on the phone with Crystal and some kids came and rang the door to see if I wanted them to shovel our driveway. I didn't answer (I'm sure they thought I was super rude because they could see me and the tv was on!) because I was feeding Nathan. About 10 minutes later I heard a snow blower outside. I got up because Nathan fell asleep and I was going to lay him down, run out and throw salt down and come back. I looked out to see how much snow there was and our driveway had been shoveled/snowblown. I couldn't believe it! I decided not to go out because I figured the sun would finish it off, because I put down ice melt last night. I guess one of our neighbors did the driveway for us. That is such a blessing because I was concerned about getting out of the driveway tomorrow and I knew I couldn't clear the driveway myself with Nathan and Joe won't get home tonight until late (he has class until 9:00).
Sorry to bore you with the details of my day! I wouldn't have done it, but I was so productive over the past two days! I'm surprised and excited to finally feel caught up after my maternity leave.
Nathan was in a great mood tonight. He cooed and smiled for about an hour straight. He "talked" to both sets of grandparents on the phone and Crystal, too. He told Crystal to keep his friend baking a little bit longer but that he can't wait to meet him! :) I had a blast watching him smile. We "talked" to each other for a very long time, it was fun. I love that little boy so much.
I just realized how late it is! What am I still doing up!? G'night!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment