Monday, January 12, 2009

A Smiley Goodbye

Today was my first day back to work. My mom came over around 6:20 to watch Nathan (she is watching him at our house this week since Joe and I both start our semesters this week and are working out how to get ready with a 7 week old that needs attention, too!) It took me about 15 minutes to actually leave. My mom was holding him in the doorway between the family room and kitchen and I kept coming back to give him hugs and kisses before I left. The last time I went to kiss him, I told him I loved him and talked to him for a minute and he SMILED! It was so cute! It started out really small and then he opened his mouth really big and smiled-dimples and all! (My mom saw it, too-so I have a witness, I wasn't just dreaming it up!) My mom said he didn't smile again today, but I'm going to keep working on him so I can get a picture to post!

My students were very good today. Our students switch teachers at semester (some change, some don't), so I have a few new kids. I have to admit, it was really great seeing my students from last semester.

Monday down...3 1/2 days to go until the 3-day weekend with Nathan! Can't wait!

1 comments:

Martin 6 said...

What a blessing that he left you with a smile! What a gift to carry you through the day! Glad he's feeling better!