
I have to brag on Joe for a minute. There are a billion reasons why Joe is a great Dad. Here are just a few.
1. He watches Nathan ALONE every Thursday. This impresses me so much. Most dads I know have a hard time staying at home alone for even a few hours with a baby, but Joe spent 9 hours alone with Nathan when he was 6 weeks old and has been doing it every Thursday since. Joe had to plan his school schedule to be able to do this and I think it is amazing. He is so busy with school, but he is making so much time to take care of Nathan.
2. He sings to Nathan constantly. It is so cute! He has about 15 songs that he has made up for Nathan and Nathan loves all of them. Joe just starts singing and Nathan goes quiet. Love it.
3. He gets SO excited about Nathan's "milestones." I put milestones in quotations because not everything is a milestone, but they are cute things that Nathan starts doing. For instance, Tuesday night we went to Helen Fitzgerald's for dinner. I went to the bathroom and when I came back, Joe was laughing and telling me to hurry back to the table. I got there and Nathan was sticking out his tongue at Joe and then smiling really big. It was hilarious!
4. He changes diapers and empties the diaper champ. 'nuff said.
5. He washes bottles and pumping supplies so I can do other "Nathan chores."
6. He takes Nathan to my mom's house so I don't have to. I'd have to get up at 5 a.m. He does it even though he has to battle the traffic caused by the 40 closures.
7. Nathan adores him and that makes me adore my husband so much more.
I love you, Joseph! :)
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment