Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shedding?

We don't have pets for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, Joe is highly allergic. Secondly, when Joe was active duty we knew we really couldn't have a pet because of moving frequently and there was always the possibility of him deploying. Third, I really don't enjoy pet hair all over everything. I could probably go on forever.

You know how people always say bratty kids are good birth control? I think our neighbors' dogs are our "doggie control." Seriously. Who lets their dog out at 10:30 p.m.? Wait, who discusses with their neighbors when to let their dogs out and then decides that 10:30 p.m. sending all of their dogs out together would be a good idea? Apparently our neighbors do. They also think its great to send them out simultaneously at 5:30 a.m. When you walk out into our backyard, you fear for your life, because all dogs, all 4 or 5 or 30 of them (depending on if our neighbor has his 5 kids over with their 20 dogs and his uncle's best friend-s cousin with his 10) come running straight at you and start barking at you like you are their breakfast. Joe (and my dad who had to help with yard chores last summer while Joe was in Texas for training) mows with some sort of weapon in his hand just in case the dog that lives behind us finds a way to get through and maul him. (We desperately need to get a new fence before Nathan can start walking. He CAN NOT go into the backyard EVER until then)

I am waaayyyy off track here. The above paragraph is NOT what this post is supposed to be about. I am shedding. Badly. About a handful while I'm in the shower. A handful when I get out and comb my hair. Those of you who know me pretty well know I have very, very, very, very thick hair (and even that is an understatement). My mom says I can afford to lose some, but it is getting kind of annoying. I spend so much time now picking hair up off the shower and bathroom floors. Everyone says that you start losing hair 4 or 5 months after you have a baby. It has only been 3 and I have been losing handfuls for about 2 weeks now! How long is this supposed to last? Joe has been so patient. Hair is gross and he hasn't said anything yet!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

All I have to say is this is one reason we moved out of our last house! and we HAVE a dog!

mk said...

That happened to me, too. Get lots of Draino. You'll need it.